Kissしたまま、さよなら (Kiss Shita Mama Sayonara)

Composers: Yuchun, Jejung
Lyricist: Yuhun
Arranger: Yuchun

ROMANISATION

KISS SHITA MAMA SAYONARA

[Yoochun]
Blink... Smell it... and feel it...
Open, open your eyes
Just look at me now

[Yunho]
Boku no sekai no subete datta

[Yoochun]
Nakushita katahou no kutsu mo oreta chiisai tsume mo
Koboshita atsui coffee mo iroaseta namida mo

[Jaejoong]
Girl, tell me little lie
Please, tell me little lie
Kikoeru you ni

[Yunho]
Demo yawarakaku kono te kara koboreta kimi

[Junsu]
Longway people
Longway people
Sou, kizukanakatta ano hi hanashi kakeru
Longway people
Longway people
Tada naite naite naite wasureru shika nai?

[Yunho]
Nagaku tsuzuku kono michi ni ima wa inai kimi e
Kiss shita mama goodbye

[Junsu]
Girl, tell me little lie
Please, tell me little lie
Kikoeru you ni

[Changmin]
Ima furitsumoru konayuki ga boku wo dakishimeru

[Jaejoong]
Longway people
Longway people
Sou, kizukanakatta ano hi hanashi kakeru
Longway people
Longway people
Tada naite naite naite wasureru shika nai no?

[Yoochun]
Kioku ni nijinda namida no kazu wa kawaite iku boku no kokoro
[Changmin]
Kazoe kirenai, hoshi no you ni

[Junsu]
Long way people
Long way people
Tada naite naite naite wasureru shika nai

[All]
Long way people...
I know...
[Changmin]
Kimi wa mune no naka ni itsumademo

[All]
Long way people
Long way people
Tada naite naite naite wasureru shika nai
Kiss shita mama...

[Jaejoong]
Sayonara...

Credits: lunatunalover @ LJ (Alicia)



TRANSLATION

As We Kiss Goodbye

Blink... Smell it... and feel it...
Open, open your eyes
Just look at me now

You were my world
One lost shoe, a small broken fingernail
The spilled hot coffee and stale tears too

Blink... Smell it... and feel it...
Open, open your eyes
Just look at me now

You were my world
One lost shoe, a small broken fingernail
The spilled hot coffee and stale tears too

Girl, tell me little lie
Please, tell me little lie
So that I can hear you
But you just softly slipped away...

*
Longway people
Longway people
That's right... we were unaware that day, just talking

**
Longway people Longway people
Just crying... crying... crying... Can I forget?

On this never-ending road...That you're no longer on
As we kiss goodbye

Girl, tell me little lie
Please, tell me little lie
So that I can hear you
Now the snow piles up, enveloping me

* Repeat

Longway people
Longway people
Just crying... crying... crying... Can I forget?

Blurred in the memories,
The number of my tears (my heart will dry)
Are countless, like the stars

** Repeat

Longway people
Longway people
I know you will live in my heart forever

Longway people
Longway people
I'm just crying, crying crying... as we kiss goodbye

Credits: lunatunalover @ LJ (Alicia)


Translator's Notes -

This song is truly heartbreaking at times. I feel as though this is for someone who's died. The beginning would take place with the loved one in the coffin and he/those left behind longing for a sign of life, for them to not be gone. A missing shoe, an analogy for them, insignificant things like spilled coffee and now dried tears, (he) wants to hear/experience them again, because that would mean the loss hadn't occurred. Even a lie, just to hear (her) voice. There's of course much grief and tears, but in the end (he's) alright. (He'll) always have the memories and is at last able to give a kiss farewell.

Translator's Notes

BTW, the reason I put gender pronouns in parentheses is because Japanese very rarely uses them.Oftentimes, the subject (and their gender) is assumed or known through context. Going from the lyrics, and bits of English (primarily the ''girl'' bit) , I use pronouns so the explanations make sense to English speakers, but there is no real way of knowing the actual genders involved much of the time in song lyrics.
I think this English is correct. I'm not 100% sure the 'can you' in parentheses is actually spoken, but it helps to assume it for ease of understanding.

僕の世界のすべてだった You were my world
(Boku no sekai no subete datta)
Even though there is no "you" spoken here, I feel this can be assumed, especially after the moving opening speech.

Only one shoe, broken nails, spilled coffee, stale tears... not happy imagery at play here. But I think the implication here is that they weren't a "fairytale" couple; they were forgetful, they spilled coffee, they cried, just like any person does. I thought the feeling was there but I also feel like I can't really put into words my thoughts on this verse adequately >.> I may edit yet again later... blargh brain.

I think the 'kikoeru you ni' here is a plea to hear (her) voice one more time. Even if what is said is a lie, it's still speech and a sign that (she's) not gone.

Alright, so the lyrics here use the kanji 溢れた (afureta) which means 'to overflow.' However, in the song they clearly say 零れた (koboreta) which means basically the same as 'afureru.' Sometimes Japanese lyrics will right certain kanji and then read them differently to encompass meaning from two different words into one or to change the connotation of the written word a bit. Literally, this line would be "But you just softly overflowed from my hands." I guess you could say 'afureru' is a more... poetic/pretty sounding word? I feel that the English I chose reflects the kanji/reading usage of the lyrics and keeps the feelings intact, but if anyone has a better explanation, please let me know.

So, it's finally confirmed...and it's neither 'long way before' or 'lonely' people, but a conglomeration of both XD I really don't know what they're trying to get across with this. Perhaps a feeling of separation? That there's so much distanct (a long way) between them (and other people who've been separated)? If anyone wants to shed some light, it's more than welcomed!

So, when I romanized this by ear, I heard to question mark XD I really wonder if they meant it to be there o.O 忘れるしかない (wasureru shika nai) is, literally, 'left no other choice but to forget' and before this loverly *sarcasm* question mark appeared, I'd just gone with 'I have to forget.' But I'm guessing that the addition of the question mark implies uncertainty in (his) ability to do so? Once again, any insight is welcome.

Okay, so they say 長く続く (nagaku tsuzuku) which is like... continuing for a long time, long lasting, etc. It's rather heard to make that work in the line presented here, so I took some creative license. Also, I'd like to give you the literal interpretation of this line, because I feel I need to show that I'm not ignoring the Japanese grammar... I'm just trying to make the feelings/imagery work in English. Literally, this line would be 'On this long-continuing road to the no-longer-here you' XD So, please do not think my English is 'wrong'... I just wanted the feelings to come across and still make sense.

粉雪 (konayuki) is actually powder snow. As in, that light, fluffy freshly fallen and uncompacted snow. However, it sounds a little odd to say 'powder snow' so I just chose to say snow instead. I do think the imagery is changed a bit though. I feel this idea of powdered snow might add a feeling of a softer embrace. And perhaps also that since he can't move on, this freshly fallen snow is accumulating on him as he sits there.

And that is all! I hope this made sense



Japanese Kanji

Blink... Smell it... Feel it...
Open, open your eyes.
Just look at me now.

僕の世界のすべてだった...

無くした片方の靴も 折れた小さな爪も
零した熱いcoffeeも 色褪せた涙も

Girl tell me little lie, please tell me little lie
聞こえるように
でも 柔らかく この手から溢れた君

Lonely people, Lonely people
そう気付かなかったあの日話しかける
Lonely people, Lonely people
ただ泣いて泣いて泣いて忘れるしかない?

長く続くこの道に今はいない君へ
KissしたままGoodbye

Girl tell me little lie, please tell me little lie
聞こえるように
今降り積もる粉雪が僕を抱きしめる

Lonely people, Lonely people
そう気付かなかったあの日話しかける
Lonely people, Lonely people
ただ泣いて泣いて泣いて忘れるしかない?

記憶に滲んだ涙の数は渇いていく僕の心
数えきれない星のように...

Lonely people, Lonely people
ただ泣いて泣いて泣いて忘れるしかない?
Lonely people, Lonely people
I know君はこの胸の中にいつまでも
Lonely people, Lonely people
ただ泣いて泣いて泣いてKissしたまま、さよなら

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiss Shita mama... Maybe can be interpreted as even as he's still kissing her, its already goodbye...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the translation!!!!
I'm searching it everywhere and finally found the translation..
Very touching song!!

Anonymous said...

heyy dbsker,
i really really appreciate all your posts here and i'm often updated through this site
thanks for all the lyric translations and photos!<3333
-maggie

Anonymous said...

wow! lyrics out already...
i agree with the translator...
coz Jaejoong said this by himself (on ON LIVE live talk at Yahoo! JAPAN) this song actually recite how he missed his beloved girl (passed away).. reflash back all the memories they have had before while she still alive.. still wanted to meet her once again, though she really can't "come back" anymore..

Anonymous said...

awwee.... this is such a nice song.....
such a nice meaning
makes me wanna cry... TT^TT

Anonymous said...

wow.u're quick in getting the lyrics.Great job =).I always enjoy going to your website =P.
Btw shouldn't it be 'lonely people' instead of 'long way to go'?

Anonymous said...

hiii~
umm the beginning, the bit where Chunnie starts off with English, it's not 'It's my lip' he actually says 'Smell it'
and ummm they say 'lonely people' not 'long way before' xP

Anonymous said...

maybe it really is "lonely people" because "long way people" is a little weird but it still can be because "long way people" might mean they are already separated and are faraway with each other... but i think it's still lonely people... that's what i saw in a korean translation of the song... and yeah jaejoong and micky explained that i was really about a dead loved one.. so sad..


-tintin

Alicia said...

Hi, I just wanted to note that these lyrics are now updated in my post to reflect the kanji in the booklet. I guess just copy from here?

http://community.livejournal.com/dbsg/1938497.html

Thank you for using these by the way, I feel very honored ^_^

Anonymous said...

This is the sadest song from them! I literley like cried at the beginning When Yoochun was saying those words... Junsu's voice was absoulutly beautiful! Yoochunie's voice is amazing. Jae was awesome as well, and The high note Changmin sang gave me goosebumps! Yunho improved so much too! I love this song tho, :)

Anonymous said...

aigoooo... the first time i heard this song, i was in the library.... then i started crying and all the people in my study group flipped out wondering what was wrong...

where do i start? i honestly think that this song is the most heart wrenching song that i've heard in a long time, and as one of my soompi unnies said "this song totally puts insa to shame" and i love how it was composed by jaejoongie and yoochunnie oppas! (right?)

anyway, thanks for the lyrics and trans!

Anonymous said...

i think at the beginning actually is.....'blink it...snap it...and feel
it', isn't it? it is actually referring to the girl's eyes...
'smell it' doesn't make sense...
Anyway, this is only my opinion...

Thx for the lyrics...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the romanji and translation! Now I can sing to it =]

But doesn't Yunho sing the 4th line?

"[Yunho]
Boku no sekai no subete datta"

Anonymous said...

thank for translating this lovely song. you're site is amazing. and about the long way people, maybe its meant like long way, people. like it's been a long journey and the repetition is like saying it'll be a long way until they meet again? just my input ^^

Anonymous said...

well,this song is good and the lyric is really really touching but I just want to say that you can't compare this song to insa.both songs have their own strength and specialty.just want to clear that.

Anonymous said...

the earlier comment that I've posted is actually to another anonymous..sorry for any misunderstanding.

Anonymous said...

I think the fourth line is Junsu. It does not sound like Yunho. That's what I think.

Alicia said...

Pardon me while I get something off my chest. I would just like to say that I think arguing over who sings which line really isn't that important. Since parts aren't included in lyrics, there's no guarantee that guessing will yield the correct result, so I feel one shouldn't try to include them in romanizations/translations. I never include them when I do lyrics. But in any case, to the anonymous user right above me, I promise you, the fourth line is Yunho. His voice has a very distinctive quality. I'm not sure I'd call it a lilt, per say, but it's definitely unique. And this is purely nit-picky on my part, but what's with all the anonymous posts? It's not hard to put in some a name rather than hiding behind the shield of anonymity.

Anonymous said...

AAHHHH i already cried at the first 30 sec!!! THE MUSIC is just too much!!! i feel like crying!! its tooo sad!!

Anonymous said...

wait, i thought when they sing "long way people" that it was either lonely people or long way before.

Anonymous said...

wow.. just wow. the 1st time i heard the song it caught my ear since it was so sad...and just reading the lyrics and listening again and again..i've cried to this song pretty much every time i've listened to it!

thank you so much for all your hard work! whenever someone asks for lyrics, etc. i always point them to this site! thanks again!

Anonymous said...

i think when they said "longway people" i find that that is the actual word. not lonely people. by usin longway people, this phrase was use in the past, when they were still young. u know how when u are a lil kid, u always say u hv a long way to go in life, so just enjoy n slack off now? thats wat it implies. at that time, they didnt knwo hwo precious their love was thus they never cherish it. they thought they woudl always be there for one another. that phrase is a part of his memory from the time that he shared with her.

ahh i feel soo goood now. finally i coudl figure out wat YooJae meant. man these guys are soo damn deep n talented. JJ the dude who thinks non stop n is extremly deep. plus YC who is soo emmotional combine together to write a song sure is unique!

Anonymous said...

hi there:)
thank u very much for posting the lyrics everytime a new song pops up and i also want to thank u for the hard work u do translating them... i'm only a beginner in Japanese but i try my hard to learn it and the best help i get is from this kind of translations... i really love kiss shita mama, sayonara and that's why while trying to translate it by myself i compared my results with yours... and something didn't fit.
i just wanna know if i translated it wrong or u put some more emphasis and that's why we got different result...
for boku no sekai no subete datta my translation was something more like: (you) changed my entire world (or universe) cuz i found for "datta"'s present tense form "da" meaning to change(exchange)...
maybe i got it wrong... english is not my maternal language so maybe it's just me...

sry for my disturb ^.^ this is Reya

Anonymous said...

longway people? i thought it sounded like 'lonely people'..
i guess it could be both when u listen to it several times...

kirakostik said...

This is truly a Yoochun song. I love how he uses metaphors. Such small things which speaks huge volumes. The melody of this song easily gives off the bittersweet emotions, even if you don't understand the meaning. And coupled off with the members' voices, this song is absolutely magical.

Thank you so much for the translation Alicia ^^

Geek God said...

I looked at the translation here and then watched the T concert and almost cried when they sang it. Thanks so much for the work done here!

Anonymous said...

I'm realy, realy like this song very much..

It's make my tears falling...

^^

Anonymous said...

thanks for the translation and the interpretation of the song. wonderful. great song. been listening to it on repeat mode!

Kautsarc said...

Beautiful lyrics, deep meanings...Superb vocals...

Thank you for translating.

Yuna_Rose said...

For those who dont understand the beginning xD

Blink... It's my lips ... can you feel it?
Open, open your eyes
Just look at me now

and in the refrain I know it sounds like 'lonely people' or 'long way people'

but its
long way before, long way before

because they talk about what happens back then, why they miss it and why they said goodbye back then...
so long way before seems right isnt it?
thats what I heard

pxd said...

Thanks for this, thank you. Wonderful transliteration and explanation. I lost my love and this soothes me. Thank you.

Post a Comment

TVXQ Dreamer Forum